Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=452038953

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=452038953
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

Emah

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jamie Novotny Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Jan 25, 2021 11:25 AM History
tags: ,
The temple of the goddess Ninmah/Bēlet-ilī, Emah (“Exalated House”), was located in the Ka-dingirra district (modern Kasr) of Babylon. According to the Babylonian topographical text Tintir = Babylon Tablet IV, this was one of four temples in that part of the city, which was located in the northern part of the eastern half of Babylon. Emah was rebuilt by the Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (r. 668–ca. 631 BC) and the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II (r. 604–562 BC).

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/452038953

32.5432818094, 44.4232543759
    None

temple

Pleiades

This 1750 m² temple was excavated by Hormuzd Rassam in 1880, Robert Koldewey in 1900, and Iraqi archaeologists in 1961–62.


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jamie Novotny, 'Emah: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2021 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/452038953> [accessed: 13 April 2021]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/452038953 |title=Places: 452038953 (Emah) |author=Novotny, J. |accessdate=April 13, 2021 10:38 am |publisher=Pleiades}}