Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=5066376

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=5066376
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

TE.E

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jamie Novotny
Contributors: Tom Elliott
Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Jan 26, 2021 01:00 PM History
tags: ,
According to the Babylonian topographical text Tintir = Babylon, TE.E (read as either Tê or Kisīri) was one of the six city districts of the eastern half of the inner city of Babylon and it contained one temple and two daises.

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066376

32.534242, 44.434117
    • TE.E (Akkadian, 1600 BC - 30 BC)

district

Evidence:
See Further:

Pleiades

TE.E (which might be read as either Tê or Kisīri) is the southernmost district of the eastern part of the eastern half of the inner city of Babylon. It is bounded on the south and east by the walls Imgur-Enlil and Nēmetti-Enlil (with access in and out of the inner city by the Zababa Gate), by the Šuanna district on the west, and by the Kullab distrist on the north. The temple Emeurur and the shrines Edurkuga and Ekagula were located in TE.E; none of these buildings/structures have been discovered/excavated. 

According to Tintir = Babylon V (lines 97), the eastern limit of this district was the Zababa Gate, while the western limit was regarded as the dais Iqullū-ilū-ana-Marduk.


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jamie Novotny, and Tom Elliott, 'TE.E: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2021 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066376> [accessed: 13 April 2021]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066376 |title=Places: 5066376 (TE.E) |author=Novotny, J. |accessdate=April 13, 2021 10:42 am |publisher=Pleiades}}