Recent Updates to the Editorial Guidelines
The Editorial College wishes to draw the attention of Pleiades users and contributors to changes and additions to the Editorial Guidelines made during first quarter 2017.
New sections were added to address upgrades to components and content structure made during late 2016:
- Connections (relationships) between place resources
- References and citation types on place, name, location, and connection resources
Policy was also modified or clarified regarding:
- Association certainty for name and location resources
- Character encoding and Unicode normalization in name resources
- Content of "Details" field on place resources
- Content of "Romanized Form" field on name resources
- Content of "Summary" field (aka "descriptions") on place, name, location, and connection resources
- Selection and use of "Positional Accuracy Assessments" for location resources
Please raise any questions or notices of errors on the Pleiades Community List.