Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=389050484

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=389050484
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

You are here: Home Ancient Places Santuario di Pyrgi

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Santuario di Pyrgi

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jeffrey Becker Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Feb 14, 2020 05:01 PM History
A sanctuary with twin temples located at the Etruscan port. The Pyrgi sanctuary was initially excavated by Massimo Pallottino in 1957. The so-called Pyrgi Plaques were discovered here in 1964.

Base map by Ryan M. Horne for Pleiades and the Ancient World Mapping Center (ancient terrain after the Barrington Atlas). Map interaction design and implementation by Sean Gillies, David Glick, Alec Mitchell, and Tom Elliott for Pleiades.


https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/389050484

42.0151801444, 11.9637192735
    None
  • Santuario di Pyrgi at Pyrgi (unspecified date range)
    None

sanctuary (religious center), temple

Pleiades


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jeffrey Becker, 'Santuario di Pyrgi: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2020 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/389050484> [accessed: 10 July 2020]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/389050484 |title=Places: 389050484 (Santuario di Pyrgi) |author=Becker, J. |accessdate=July 10, 2020 9:13 am |publisher=Pleiades}}