Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=454450226

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=454450226
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

You are here: Home Ancient Places Ekišnugal

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Ekišnugal

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jamie Novotny Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Feb 02, 2021 06:29 PM History
tags: ,
The temple of the god Sîn, Ekišnugal (“House of the Great Light”), was located in the Kullab district of Babylon, in the eastern half of the inner city. According to the Babylonian topographical text Tintir = Babylon Tablet IV, it was one of four temples in that part of Babylon. The temple is mentioned in Old Babylonian Period texts and was (re)built by the Old Babylonian king Abī-ēšuh (r. ca. 1711–1684 BC) and the Neo-Babylonian ruler Nebuchadnezzar II (r. 604–562 BC). The temple survived into the Hellenistic Period.

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/454450226

32.536692, 44.427307
    None

unlocated, temple

Pleiades


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jamie Novotny, 'Ekišnugal: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2021 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/454450226> [accessed: 06 March 2021]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/454450226 |title=Places: 454450226 (Ekišnugal) |author=Novotny, J. |accessdate=March 6, 2021 3:31 am |publisher=Pleiades}}