Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=5066375

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=5066375
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

You are here: Home Ancient Places Kullab

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Kullab

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jamie Novotny Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Jan 27, 2021 10:21 AM History
tags: ,
According to the Babylonian topographical text Tintir = Babylon, Kullab was one of the six city districts of the eastern half of the inner city of Babylon and it contained four temples.

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066375

32.54371, 44.43119
    • Kullab (Sumerian, 1600 BC - 30 BC)

district

Pleiades

Kullab is the northeastern district of the eastern part of the eastern half of the inner city of Babylon. It is bounded by the New City district in the north and west, by the Eridu district in the west, by the walls Imgur-Enlil and Nēmetti-Enlil in the east, and by the TE.E district in the south. According to Tintir = Babylon IV (lines 24–27), the temples Ekišnugal, Emekiliburur, Eurgubba, and Esag were located in this part of Babylon. According to Tintir = Babylon V (line 96), the western and eastern limits of Kullab were the temple of the goddess Bēlet-Eanna (Ekitušgirzal) and the Marduk Gate.


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jamie Novotny, 'Kullab: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2021 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066375> [accessed: 13 April 2021]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/5066375 |title=Places: 5066375 (Kullab) |author=Novotny, J. |accessdate=April 13, 2021 9:50 am |publisher=Pleiades}}