Personal tools
Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=89975947

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=89975947
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

Tuba

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jamie Novotny
Contributors: Tom Elliott
Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Jan 28, 2021 10:17 AM History
tags: ,
According to the Babylonian topographical text Tintir = Babylon, Tuba was one of the four city districts of the western half of the inner city of Babylon and it contained three temples.

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/89975947

32.528492, 44.418415
    • Tuba (Sumerian, 1600 BC - 30 BC)

district

Pleiades

Tuba is the southern district of the eastern part of the western half of the inner city of Babylon. It is bounded by the Arahtu River on the east, by the Kumar district on the north, by the nu-x-ù district on the west, and by the walls Imgur-Enlil and Nēmetti-Enlil (with access in and out of the inner city by the Šamaš Gate) on the south. According to Tintir = Babylon IV (lines 41–43), the temples Ekitušgarza, Esabad, and Ešiddukišara were located in this part of Babylon. According to Tintir = Babylon V (line 102), the southern and eastern limits of Tuba were the Šamaš Gate and the Arahtu River.


Atom, JSON, KML, RDF+XML, Turtle

Jamie Novotny, and Tom Elliott, 'Tuba: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2021 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/89975947> [accessed: 31 July 2021]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/89975947 |title=Places: 89975947 (Tuba) |author=Novotny, J. |accessdate=July 31, 2021 8:49 am |publisher=Pleiades}}