Photos

Loading...

Use this tag in Flickr to mark depictions of this place's site(s):

pleiades:depicts=529754545

or this one to mark objects found here:

pleiades:findspot=529754545
Related Content from Pelagios

Loading...

You are here: Home Ancient Places Baptistry of Neon

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Baptistry of Neon

a Pleiades place resource

Creators: Jeffrey Becker, Tom Elliott
Contributors: Gabriel Moss
Copyright © The Contributors. Sharing and remixing permitted under terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (cc-by).
Last modified Jun 30, 2016 08:50 PM History
An octagonal brick structure erected by Bishop Ursus (late fourth or early fifth century AD) as part of a Basilica (destroyed in 1734). Bishop Neon completed the baptistry at the end of the fifth century AD.

https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/529754545

44.415617, 12.1973205
    None

church, monastery

Pleiades

The Baptistry was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1996.


Atom, JSON, KML, KML (Neighborhood), RDF+XML, Turtle

Jeffrey Becker, Tom Elliott, and Gabriel Moss, 'Baptistry of Neon: a Pleiades place resource', Pleiades: A Gazetteer of Past Places, 2016 <https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/529754545> [accessed: 21 July 2018]

            {{cite web |url=https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/529754545 |title=Places: 529754545 (Baptistry of Neon) |author=Becker, J., T. Elliott |accessdate=July 21, 2018 9:54 am |publisher=Pleiades}}